Job Information ( entry level, $15.75 per hour)
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* General knowledge of carpentry as it applies to rough structure, or willingness to learn
* Valid driver license, insurable driving record and own reliable transportation to drive to various job sites, or suitable option for transportation
* Use hand and power woodworking tools.
* Regularly maneuver 80 pounds.
* Work at rotating positions (i.e. with lower body facing forward, upper body may need to rotate up to 75 degrees to the right or left).
Exact days and times to be arranged.
Must be self-motivated as there will be occasions when the carpenter will need to work solo, rely on experience and show consistent positive work habits. Carpenter is expected to work in harmony with others on projects.
Work in greater Portland area
Number of Openings: 2
Hours per Week: 40
This position is: Full Time
Will this job have duration of six months or more? Yes
Shifts Available: 1st (Days)
Contact Name: Georg Younger (Owner)
Fax: (503) 922-0462
Entry level laborers
Experience Required: None
Apply building codes and specifications Required
Fabricate buildings using wooden components (such as joists Required
Follow safety procedures Required
Maneuver heavy objects Required
Operate hand and power woodworking tools Required
Perform basic carpentry Required
Read blueprints and technical drawings Preferred
Repair dry rot Required
Use basic mathematics Required
Use measuring devices in construction work such as measuring Required
Apply adhesives Preferred
Build wooden objects such as doors, sashes, and stairways Preferred
Erect scaffold Preferred
Install paneling and sheeting Preferred
Install prefabricated trusses Preferred
Perform general carpentry layout Preferred
Read repair work orders Preferred
Minimum Level of Education: High School Diploma/GED
Minimum Age: 18
Gender No Gender requirement.
Employer will perform:
a drug test a background check
Required Drivers License: Personal (Class C)
Preferred Drivers License: None
Justification for Requiring Driver License:
Will need to reach various job sites throughout Portland
Georg Younger Framing (various sites)
Greater Portland area